BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

My Guestbook-Please sign it!!!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Thunderstorms!

Hey Everyone
Yesterday it was very scary because there was a thunderstorm.
I am pretty much bombproof except when we have a thunderstorm.
I can withstand fireworks and everything else that is loud!
I used to be alright until 2007.We were all around that T.V thing watching the Australian Open Tennis Grand Final when all of a sudden there was a huge thunderstorm with lightning as well.
There were huge cracks of lightning and massively loud claps of thunder it was so scary.
We had to turn the T.V off and all other electrical appliances off because we thought they might catch on fire!
Well yesterday we had another storm which wasn't that big but big enough to have me shaking under the table where the rest of my family were having a leisurely game of scrabble.
My human brother put his foot on my side and said that it felt like one of those cool massage chairs that shake.
Then they all started talking so I started to sing,when I sing it sounds like a series of high/low pitches that hang in there a couple of seconds after I have sung them.
Yesterday was very scary but today is picture perfect,it is very sunny and warm outside.
I was wondering what is everyone scared of because I was wondering if I was the only one who hated thunderstorms!!!!!

Have A Pawsome Day
Travis

12 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I don't mind thunderstorms but my khousin Merdie The GoldenDoofTriever needs doggy downers during them...

I am not furry interested in fireworks...Mom thinks it the smell that really bothers me more than the noises...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Aw Travis, I'm so sorry you got so scared. I'm not afraid of thunder, but our old family dog Freddie would always hide in the bathroom during thunderstorms. I'm glad it's better weather there today.

See ya!
Joey

Mic said...

Glad the storms are over and today has been nice weather for you.

The half-crazed border collie and I don't mind storms at all...but the Newfie that lives with me hides at the back of the doghouse and goes catatonic whenever it storms.

Anonymous said...

You are definitely lone in the thunderphobia department. Old Bear Dog and Rusty both used to go upstairs in the old house and go into the walk-in closet and hide. Even Brutus Maximus doesn't like the 4th of July (US Independence Day) fireworks AT ALL. He sings real loud howls. Homer gets all nervious in thunderstorms as does Jubal. They don't bother Jack too much. Shelby Belle pees whenever she gets startled. Abby doesn't get bothered by much either. We all have are Achilles heels so you're just like the rest of us.
- TBH

Thor and Jack said...

Sorry that the thunderstorm scared you, Travis!
Glad you had a better weather today! I am not very scared with the thunder.

Love,
Thor

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

Hi Travis... I don't mind thunder, but my cats hate it!
your pal, Morgan

ocmist said...

Goodness, we must have posted about the thunderstorms just about the same time tonight!

They don't spook me to badly, but my Mom tells a story about one of her old dogs that she found hanging by all four paws off the screen in the upper part of the front room door trying to get in one time when it came up suddenly, and she has had others that hide in small places if they get really loud.

There are things that make me shake like a foot massager, too, so don't feel too bad... The Bumpass Hounds have it right. We all have our problem moments. BG

The WriggleButts said...

I hope there won't be another thunderstorm for a long time - it's no fun being scared! Mom say I snore too loud to hear the thunder anyways.

Bajas

Molly the Airedale said...

I HATE thunderstorms and I HATE fireworks too, Travis! Mom calls me MaggieMilkShake because of all the shakin' going on!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Suzuki said...

They don't bother me, but my sister Tahlia will have panic attacks when there is thunder.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Dexter said...

Thunderstorms are scary because they are not just loud but they bring the atmospheric disturbance too.

Hang in there, it can't last forever.

Slobbers,
Mango

the magic sleigh said...

Woo! storms are fun for me, I like to go out and play in them, but Mom won't let me. Those storms are expected here today anytime soon.... Scampi the neurotic Border collie who lives here will be under the furniture, quaking and shaking and panting...
-Kira the BeaWootiful